Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
A P Mitchell takes its responsibilities both as an employer, and as a supplier of high quality building
contract services, extremely seriously. As such we wanted to comment on the current public health
situation regarding Coronavirus (otherwise known as Covid-19).
We recognise that this is a time of concern for us all and we want to reassure everyone, employees
and clients alike, that we are monitoring the situation regularly and closely.
So, what does this mean in practice?
- Like you, we are following developments closely through all appropriate forms of media;
- We are in contact with the appropriate governmental departments (e.g. Public Health
England; Department of Health & Social Care) and are receiving their advice and information
as and when it is issued;
- We are taking professional advice regarding the assessment of risk and business continuity
and interruption to ensure that we are suitably prepared for all commercial eventualities;
As you would anticipate, we do not feel it is appropriate for us to offer specific clinical advice beyond
that issued to the public generally – briefly :
- We recommend that everyone follows the current public health safety guidance that is
being issued – this includes (but is not limited to) washing your hands with soap and hot
water regularly for a minimum of 20 seconds, using a tissue to catch coughs and sneezes and
avoiding touching your face; you should also avoid close contact with people who are
- If you do feel unwell, you should contact the NHS by going online to https://111.nhs.uk/ or calling
111. You should NOT go in person to a doctor, pharmacy or hospital;
- Keep up to date with national developments and advice online at
- If you have any concerns about anything contained within this statement, please don’t
hesitate to contact one of the directors who will be happy to discuss your concerns further
(though if you feel unwell, you should follow the guidance above);
- Finally, please be assured that we shall remain in contact with you, and if there are any
developments which we believe will have a direct impact on you, we’ll let you know as soon
as we are able.
We recognise that this is a time of concern and uncertainly for everyone nationwide. By working
together, responsibly and with care, we are confident that we can address the challenges the
country is facing in a calm and measured manner.